This Article Is For:
- All users who have access to one/all of the following: pages, blogs, contests, and sidebars
- This is applicable to: All themes
- Frees up dedicated space in the navigation by allowing users to place the search widget in the side bar or on pages
- The search button color and search field border inherit from "Default Link Color"
- The search field font inherits from the font defined by the theme
- The search field active state font color inherits from "Default Text Color"
How The Search Function Works:
- Results with a full sentence match in the post title are listed first.
- Search results that include all search terms in the title, but not a full sentence match, are listed next.
- Results including any search terms in the title, but not all search terms or a full sentence match, are listed next.
- Finally, search results that include a full sentence match in the post content come last. Within each group, results are further sorted chronologically by publication date.
- You can learn more here: https://yoast.com/wordpress-search/
- Widget Name: This is the name of this widget showing in the Visual Composer.
- Search Field Default Text: Changes the hint text in the search field, e.g. 'Search Radio 88.8'.
- Click the 'Save' Button
Front End Examples: