- This widget is being deprecated in February 2020
This Article Is For:
- All users who have access to one/all of the following: pages, blogs, contests, and sidebars
- This is applicable to: All themes
- SoCast's RSS Widget displays posts from any RSS feed, including password protected feeds (as long as you have the password).
- RSS feeds are a great tool for displaying latest posts and news stories from your favorite websites.
- To find RSS feeds on a website, look for words like “subscribe” or “feed”. You can also look for the standard RSS feed icon.
- To grab the feed URL, right click and copy, usually by using the “copy link” or “copy link location” option available.
- Check the feed with a validation tool. If there is any error, contact the feed provider.
- Below are some examples of what an RSS Feed URL may look like:
- Widget Name: This is the name of the widget showing in the Drag-And-Drop Editor. It will not be displayed on the website.
- Display Title: Choose whether you’d like to have the title displayed by clicking “Yes” or “No” from the drop-down menu
- Feed URL: This is where you enter the RSS feed URL that you have copied from a website
- Feed Username: This is optional. You can provide a username to access a secured feed.
- Feed Password: Enter the password for a protected feed
- Format: Choose the type of format for your feed.
- RSS: An RSS feed usually pulls viewers into a page that has a short paragraph with a "read more" link, that links to a full page
- NewsML: A NewsML feed usually pulls viewers into a page that displays a full article
- Target: Choose whether you want the articles displayed in the feed to open in the current window or a new window
- Items to Display: Set the number of articles you want to be displayed. We recommend multiples of 5.
- Allow Multiple Pages: Select "Yes" if you want to display a paginator once there are more than the set items to display, otherwise select "No"
- Click the Save button
There is no content with the specified labels