This Article Is For:
- All users who have access to one/all of the following: pages, blogs, contests, and sidebars
- This is applicable to: All themes
These the instructions for filling out the 'Blog & News List' element. Once this element is added to a page, it will display blogs based on the category and settings chosen.
- Widget Title: This is the name of the widget showing in the Drag-And-Drop Editor. It will not be displayed on the website.
- Display Title: Choose whether you’d like to have the title displayed by clicking “Yes” or “No” from the dropdown menu
- Blogs & News Category: Select the blog category you would like displayed. Press the "Ctrl" or "Command" button to select multiple categories.
- Sort Order: Choose a sort order for your blogs from the drop-down. Choose 1 of the following:
- Publish Date: Will display blog posts based on when they were published. (e.g most recently published blog will appear at the top)
- Modified Date: Will display blog posts based on when they were last modified. (e.g most recently modified blog will appear at the top) Often used for 'breaking news'.
- Randomize: Will display blog posts in a random order. When ‘Randomize’ is selected, multiple pages of blog items cannot be displayed.
- Most viewed stories (3 months)
- Most viewed stories (1 month)
- Most viewed stories (1 week)
- Most viewed stories (1 day)
- Most viewed stories (Today)
For "most viewed stories (today)" it will only display any blogs posted after 5am UTC.
- List Offset: Skip the first few articles using this offset. Ideal for pages with multiple blog & news lists using the same category.
- Page Summary Length: Use 0 (zero) to hide summary. Leave blank for unlimited character length. (this is the 'teaser' description that will appear on the website for the blogs)
- Display Author Name: Choose whether or not you wish to display the author's name.
- Display Date: Choose whether or not you wish to display the date
- Layout: Select a blog layout from below. For more on blog layouts, please see: Blog List Layouts
- List Ad Position: e.g. 3, none, top, bottom. Number of blog articles that will appear above the ad for single column layouts. Multi-column layouts will display the ad at the bottom of the list. Set as 'none' to disable blog list ads. Set as 'default' to use site defaults.
- Minimum Column Width: In pixels. Use 0 (zero) for 1 column display. Minimum width determines the number of columns that can appear in the available content area or mobile screen width. e.g. If set to 300, the content displays in 2 columns in a 700px area and in 1 column on a 320px wide mobile screen.
- Items to Display on the Initial Page: Configure the number of blog items to display on the initial page that the widget appears on.
- Items To Display Per Page: Set the number of items you want to be displayed. Should be a multiple of 5.
- Allow Multiple Pages: Select "Yes" if you want to display a paginator once there are more than the set items to display, otherwise select "No
- Extra Class Name: If you wish to style particular content element differently, then use this field to add a class name and then refer to it in your css.